Rock climbing and bouldering are extremely demanding sports, which require special abilities like mental and physical strength, flexibility, endurance and balance
Despite the obvious danger of the two, climbers’ routes may be an unlikely source of physical and psychological rewards if they adhere to climbing techniques and use mandatory specific equipment.
Besides the spectacular view on the top of the rocks, those who practice these sports have remarkable health benefits such as:
• These activities provide cardio and endurance trainings in one exercise – by increasing heart rate, muscle activity and general resistance, rock climbing involves activating all muscle groups along a single route.
• Rock climbing increases flexibility and elasticity of the entire body – usually climbers exhibit extensive mobility in unusual posts and superior blood circulation.
• Prevents serious chronic illness – those who actively engage in climbing and bouldering have a lower risk of developing heart disease, high cholesterol, obesity and diabetes, as intense physical activity increases muscle mass, reduces stress and increases cardiovascular system resistance.
• Reduces daily stress – by increasing norepinephrine levels, this sport reduces stress and creates a sense of ecstasy. Those who escalate outdoor routes are better protected from stress due to repeated exposure to sunlight and fresh air.
• Increases psychic resistance – both climbing and bouldering require superior problem-solving skills, as choosing the right routes can be of vital importance to those who approach difficult levels. Technique, strength, member coordination and visual acuity, as well as the ability to make correct choices can make the difference between a good climber and one with poor results.
• Increases emotional health – practicing this sport at considerable heights translates into stimulating the athlete’s mental endurance, as well as an increase in self-confidence and self-esteem while exploring his physical and mental limits.
• In addition to the extraordinary health benefits mentioned above, climbing and bouldering offer a full sense of freedom as well as superb panoramas from the top of the highest mountain cliffs. With a lot of determination, optimism and courage, climbers benefit adrenaline memorable rewards that draws them to come back to their favorite mountain cliffs each time.